Oliver Twist and His Girl - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oliver Twist - Journal Entry

Go down

Oliver Twist - Journal Entry Empty Oliver Twist - Journal Entry

Post  Oliver_Twist Tue May 03, 2011 1:35 am

Journal Entry
May 3, 1859

All is out of sorts! My work suffers as my mind fails to find focus on even the smallest of tasks. I fear I have lost Victoria forever. She is, simply, the most important thing that I have ever loved, and I would give all to have her be my wife. Unfortunately, there are those who would equally do anything to keep me from such a prize.

I have removed Maggie from my employ. I now believe that she is somehow connected to this outrageous Shirley woman through her comments on my blue undergarments. In truth, the only other person to see my undergarments at all is Maggie, who delivered and picked up my laundered clothing on a weekly basis. Really! To broach such a subject in public conversation is truly evidence of the most base, depraved sort of mind. If I truly thought that Maggie were Shirley, she would lose more than my employ. But, she has tried to help console me through this difficult time, and was, for a time, able to counsel me as to my relations with Victoria. Nevertheless, I feel that I can no longer trust her fully, and she has taken residence at Victoria's summer estate with the rest of the Maylies.

Adding to my consternation is this mysterious Titus fellow. I have a bad feeling that he is somehow connected to someone from my past, though I know not who. He keeps speaking of my father. I have no part in my father's sins and will not be held accountable for them, by this Titus or any other character. If worse comes to worst, I will challenge this scoundrel and allow God to decide whose life is worth honoring.

My true pain comes with knowing how Victoria feels towards me now. I feel that my only course of action with her is to somehow confront these untruths that have marred my name and bring the truth to light. The gentlemen at Scotland Yard tell me that they are drawing close to this Titus person. Perhaps with his apprehension, all will be made right.

Until then, I fear for Victoria's safety in light of this scoundrel's increasing boldness.

Oliver_Twist

Back to top Go down