Oliver Twist and His Girl - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maggie Bumble - Diary Entry

Go down

Maggie Bumble - Diary Entry Empty Maggie Bumble - Diary Entry

Post  Maggie_Bumble Tue May 03, 2011 1:08 am

Dear Diary,

I think that I may have made a big mistake. I told Victoria how I felt about Oliver, and now he knows as well. I tried to explain how much I love him and that I want him to be as happy as he has made me, but he is really mad and refuses to speak to me.

People may not know this, but my father and mother almost ruined Oliver's life. They tried to destroy evidence of his birthright, knowing that he was heir to some kind of money. They somehow made several members of the Parish Commission angry and ended up working in the same workhouse where poor Oliver was born and would have lived, if my dad had anything to do with it.

But, Oliver found the Maylies and Mr. Brownlow. He inherited quite a large sum and used his money to get an education as a barrister. The crazy thing is that even though my parents did all of those crappy things to him when he was young, he did the coolest thing ever later. When my father finally wised up and went and begged him for forgiveness and for help to keep his own daughter from living on the streets, Oliver came through. He gave me a way to go to school.

Finally, all of Oliver's enemies died or met other ends, and then he found his love for my BFF Victoria. If it hadn't been for that trip to Italy, he might have noticed me. But he didn't.

Now he suspects that I may have something to do with Shirley. If I have any chance to be with him, I have to leave Shirley behind and try to get to Oliver myself. The problem is, he no longer allows me to work for him. I have had to ask Victoria for a place to stay.

I hate to stab her in the back, but I love Oliver. I can either tell the truth and see my BFF happy with her man, or I can become Shirley myself, and go for it.

I have a lot of thinking to do . . .

Maggie_Bumble

Back to top Go down