Oliver Twist and His Girl - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Truth of Me . . .

2 posters

Go down

The Truth of Me . . . Empty The Truth of Me . . .

Post  Oliver_Twist Tue May 03, 2011 12:09 am

Yes, I admit, my father was most egregious towards his first wife. But I know very little of his actions, and these from a scoundrel named Monks, my own half brother, who would have had me waste away in the streets for a few thousand pounds inheritance. Fortunately, he died not long after the truth of my relations were revealed in whole.

As for my behavior compared to my father’s, I have myself lived the results of such behavior. That, if nothing else, should convince you that I have chosen to be nothing like him. I was raised by Mr. Brownlow, who I assure you, did impart to me the most gentlemanly countenance I carry today. I have come from nothing and have established myself as a Barrister with a successful practice in London. I have forgiven those who sought to ruin me and have displayed kindness to their kin, namely Maggie. If nothing else, these actions speak of my character.

I declare now that I know no Shirley and never will. But, if you will not have the truth, then you will not. Thankfully, Maggie has been a true friend throughout this ordeal and is able to console me when others are not!

Last edited by Oliver_Twist on Tue May 03, 2011 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Oliver_Twist

Back to top Go down

The Truth of Me . . . Empty At least he admits it . . .

Post  Titus_Is_Creepy Tue May 03, 2011 12:12 am

Do you see now, Victoria? The man you say you love seeks "consolation" in the arms of another. What else do you need to know?

Titus_Is_Creepy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum